Our fall Frag Swap is finally here.
Saturday, November 21 - 12pm to 4pm
12pm-1pm - set-up
1pm-3pm - swap
3pm-4pm - clean up
St. Barnabas Presbyterian Church
1220 W Belt Line Rd
Richardson, TX 75080-5801
This event is for members and guests trade (or sell) corals. People bring bagged corals in coolers. Others set up small aquariums to display their livestock. Some ideas that have worked well:
1) Bring a cooler with you to take your corals home. You want the water temperature to stay stable, especially now that the weather has cooled off.
2) Bring pictures of the parent colony. This can be photographs in a plastic sleeve, on a laptop, in a picture frame with rotating images, or even on your fancy cellphone.
3) Bring towels to clean up your area completely. When done, it should look like you were never there, better than when you arrived.
4) Mark bags clearly. Print up a price list. Mark prices on the aquarium. The easier it is, the more smoothly it will go.
5) If you need electricity, be prepared. (Let us know, first of all. ) Bring a long extension cord, tape to tape it to the floor, power strip, etc.
6) Share a table if you don't plan to bring a lot of items.
7) Used equipment can be sold as well.
8 ) Bring lots of cash.
$10 each for non-members wishing to sell livestock or used gear.
This announcement may be updated at any time, so please check back.
EDIT - DAVEJ
Everyone is reminded that no pre-orders or selling of corals should be done ahead of time. You are more than welcome to post in the Open Discussion Forum what you will be bringing, or asking what people would like to see or be interested in, but you are asked not to reserve or pre-sell these corals or equipment. This insures the playing field is fair for everyone, trader/sellers and attendees alike.
Marc - Membership Coordinator